Monday, August 27, 2007

First blog post!

Finally! Internet!
I never thought I would be so happy to receive a package at 9:30pm - I had been waiting all afternoon for my modem! The JTE (Japanese Teacher of English) that I asked for help told the courier to come to my apartment at 10pm instead of 2pm like I specified.
Ten.
Two.
I've only been here 3 weeks and this type of mistake doesn't surprise me anymore...but more on that later. I have quite a lot of catching up to do and I hope to do so fairly quickly. I've been keeping notes about my life to help my memory since pretty much everything is a completely new experience. But I can't start now - it's almost 11pm and I have to get up at 6am to make it to school by 8:25am because of the long commute (very different from my previous job!). I hope this blog helps to keep us in touch (yes, you), so please leave comments and send me emails.

Japanese phrase for the day:
Oyasumi nasai! Good night! (used when going to bed)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you and sounds like you will have some very interesting stories. Can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

It is great that you are finally up on the internet. I can hear your excitement from your writing. Hope you are doing well over there and I look forward to learning more about your adventures there. :)

Jen said...

Yay!! I'm so happy to hear from you! Can't wait to read about all of your adventures!

Anonymous said...

We're all thinking about you. I keep an eye out for you on Skype.

Dakota walks with a cart and stands up on her own. Says Daddy and shreaks at the sight of cows.

Anonymous said...

Your mode of telling the whole thing in this paragraph is in fact nice, every one can easily be aware of it, Thanks a lot.


my web-site :: Wholesale NFL Jerseys