Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow!

One of the benefits of going to school up in the mountains is all the snow!! It snowed earlier this week, but had melted by lunchtime. Today, however, it just keeps on coming! I snuck a picture with my cell phone, but it really doesn't do it justice.


You can't see the snow as it flurries around. All over the school little snowmen are popping up. One of my students called me over to show me the one she made (it had pinecones for ears -- maybe I'll try sneaking another picture).


(I guess he lost an ear since the last time I saw him... He's about 8 inches tall.) :)

Unfortunately, snow also means that the students do NOT pay attention. My first class this morning was full of buttheads and the second was full of sleepers (worn out from snow fights maybe?). Ugh.

Alright, I'm going to go enjoy the snow some more :)

Japanese phrase of the day:

雪 が すき です。 Yuki ga suki desu. I like snow!

No comments: