Sunday, September 2, 2007

Brought to you by the Letter C!

Celebrity endorsements!

I had to write a quick blurb about this because I just watched two commercials in a row with celebrities in them (Ichiro and Orlando Bloom). Here's what I've seen so far:

Ichiro takes his car to be detailed at a gas company called Eneos!












Orlando Bloom loves Shiseido's Uno hair gel!














Cameron Diaz only uses Softbank as her cell phone company!














Tommy Lee Jones drinks Boss Coffee everyday!












I've also seen Meg Ryan on a huge billboard in Kobe, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was for...

Anyway, I think celebrity endorsements are hysterical! Right up there with Engrish!
I have seen so many examples of very fine Engrish, that I can't take pictures of them all. Here are a few of my favorites:

















There are a lot of sad looking puppies on gift bags around here. And also a lot of strange sayings... On Friday I found a bag that said," God chooses our families, thank God we can choose our friends" !!!! Who would you give that to?? What kind of gift would you put in these bags??






(It's hard to see, but on the bird's crest it says, "1994 Seattle Teenage. This is a shirt that I had to have!)
















Fantastic!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Omg, I love it!! Definitely buy that shirt!